Additional Service In Response
To I-5 Closure
October 14, 2007
In response to the closure of the northbound lanes of the I-5
this weekend, Metrolink will be adding cars to several existing
and evening Antelope Valley Line trains and adding trains during
period beginning Monday October 15, 2007.
- Southbound trains 202, 204 and 206 (the 5:10 a.m., 5:50 a.m.
and 6:23 a.m. departures from Lancaster respectively) will have
one or two cars added.
- Additional trains will be added between Via Princessa and
Union Station during the midday period. Schedules for the
- Santa Clarita Transit and Antelope Valley Transit monthly
be temporarily accepted on Metrolink trains during this emergency
- Santa Clarita Transit is opening emergency overflow parking
trains at the following locations:
- Saugus Speedway
- 6th Street and San Fernando Road
- Shuttle bus service will be provided from all locations to
the Metrolink train station.
Passengers are encouraged to carpool or be dropped off at
as parking may not be available.
TIPS FOR FIRST TIME PASSENGERS:
- Allow plenty of time to arrive at your station and purchase
- Tickets are available from on site automated ticket vending
machines. Machines accept cash, credit cards and most debit
- Valid Metrolink tickets are also good for most connecting
transit buses as well as METRO rail services (Red, Gold, Blue,
Green and Purple Lines). Some express lines require payment
of a surcharge.
- To find your nearest Metrolink station, click
here for our station locator. Enter your address and then
click on a red station marker for the station address. You can
also click on the link in the station address pop-up for driving
directions from the address you input.
PAGE FOR MORE UPDATES. These changes will be in effect
until further notice.
Return to the Main Page