Transit Projects in the Works
- Gold Line extensions to East Los Angeles and to Claremont /
- Metro SFV Rapidway connecting the North Hollywood Red Line to
Warner Center using Bus Rapid Transit opens August 2005.
- Preliminary Engineering of the EXPO Light Rail from downtown
Los Angeles to Santa Monica.
- Rapid Bus Lines to be implemented by 2008.
- Implementation of the SmartCard fare system.
- New Metrolink line from Riverside to Perris.
- Straighten and add additional double track on Metrolink Routes.
- Improve transit stations and shelters.
|Bart Reed, Executive Director
of The Transit Coalition, rushing off to one of his numerous meetings
with one of our elected officials to discuss important Public Transportation
issues. Bart meets with Federal, State and Local elected officials
and their staff on a regular basis. He attends important Transit functions
in Washington D.C., Sacramento, and Southern California. Bart can
be found at almost all Board meetings, public forums and other meetings
that are of a critical issue for the betterment of Los Angeles' region.
Bart is relentless in his quest for a better Southern California advocating
the best transit system second to none and a pollution free environment
that is fit to live in.
Projects The Coalition Supports
Extend the Red Line to the North and West Valley. Continue the
Red Line west along Wilshire Blvd. to Santa Monica. Extend the
Green Line to Westchester via LAX, to the Norwalk Metrolink Station
and to the South Bay.
Provide rail service between LAX and Union Station, rail service
between downtown Los Angeles and Whittier, rail service along
the Lincoln Blvd. corridor, along the I-405 corridor between LAX
and San Fernando Valley and rail service between Silver Lake and